Indemnity liability coverage for a sailing vessel.
Yacht insurance is an insurance policy that provides indemnity liability coverage for a sailing vessel. It includes liability coverage for bodily injury or damage to the property of others and damage to personal property on the vessel.
Our Program offers both includes liability coverage for bodily injury or damage to the property of others and damage to personal property on the vessel.
- Worldwide Excluding War Zones as may be published periodically by Lloyds.
- Excluding named/numbered windstorm cover south of 37 degrees North Latitude and north of 12 degrees 40 minutes North Latitude.
Hull & Machinery Limits: $300,000 - $ 5,000,000
Third Party Liability: $3,000,000
Medical: $30,000. Uninsured Boaters: $1,000,000
Personal Effects: $50,000, Max $1,000 per item
*Conditions are on an agreed value basis with no depreciation scale.
*Wind options available, based on the risk criteria. Larger yachts to move away from approaching storms.
*Form (s) – either Institute Yacht Clauses or American Yacht Form.
- Houseboats • Liquor Liability • Racing • Vessels over 25 years old (unless otherwise agreed) Commercial fishing vessels • Dive Operations • Skipper charter with twelve or more passengers • Any assured with two fault claims in last five years (unless otherwise agreed) • Performance vessels over 60 knots • Cigarette Boats • Towing of Tender • Trimarans, Wooden Hulls • Bareboat Charters • Day Charters • Fishing Charters • Triple Screw Yachts • Loss of Charter Hire.
- Full condition and valuation in water or out of water must be carried out by SAMS/NAMS affiliated surveyor unless otherwise agreed. Vessels under five years Do Not require a survey. Vessel over five years will require a survey every five years.
- Comprehensive coverage for both private owners and commercial marine business.
- Specialist Underwriting unit who offer flexible options that are competitively priced.
- Consistent and responsive service.
- Worldwide coverage options available upon request.
- A+ (Strong), Standard & Poor's
- AA- (Very Strong), Fitch Ratings
- A (Excellent), A.M. Best
- AA- Kroll Bond Rating Agency
For non-US owners, please call to discuss the Latin America, Caribbean & Europa program.